My stressful week is almost over! We've got a big event at church this Sunday, but I'm thinking that it will at least be as fun as it is busy, so I'm not going to count it in my stressful-things-to-do-this-week list!
Tuesday night we had the biennial Democratic Party re-organization "convention." Two years ago we completely re-founded the Dem party in my county. It's been a tremendous amount of work to get people going and involved. So in 2005 we did well to have a convention at all. This time around I'd hoped that we'd get a few more people to the reorganization meeting, but not so. Still, we had it and for better or worse I am (again) the vice-chair.
Last night the other political group that I founded in our county (Change for Tipton County - a local DFA group) hosted a forum on elder care issues (building planning, socialization, travel, healthcare, etc.). We began planning this forum late last Fall with all 5 or so members of our group. We've had 2 other forums that went pretty well & 3 of our 5 members were really interested in this subject as it directly affects them. However those three people for one reason or another couldn't participate in the planning or execution of the forum (for the past 3 months). That left a heck of a lot of stuff for myself and the one other regular member to do. Two Saturdays ago I spent 7.5 hours folding flyers & addressing them to send to over 800! people notifying them of the forum... not my favorite thing to do on my day off! So it was again left to the two of us to set up, host, and take down the forum. It went OK, not great, but better than I expected.
So every day this week I've had to leave work early to rush somewhere for an event or to Costco to buy things for the event (and then my yoga Monday which is the only leave early from work/ mad dash across Memphis that is worth it)! Therefore I'm exhausted to say the least, but glad it's over and I can hopefully get back to my normal level of pregnancy fatigue.
A bright note to end my post...
Shannon is interested in helping me garden this year. So I'm going to plant a vegetable garden after all! That's a big deal for me because home grown veggies are a staple of my diet. Store bought is just not the same & while I'm not the neatest gardener it is one of my favorite things to do! The whole process is work for Jason, but leisure for me (I don't get into non-productive hobbies too well, I'm always thinking of all the things I should be doing when I watch TV - not so much when I read though). So I didn't want to force him to help with it and I didn't think I could handle it alone. This all came up in conversation Monday night and Shannon offered to help. I hope she doesn't regret it!
No comments:
Post a Comment