Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Bah!

Well, I didn't finish my vacation blogging. That's what happens at the end of a vacation - you run out of time & then spend weeks trying to catch up! But we did have a wonderful trip to the Tennessee aquarium with Jaclynn & Stephen!


I promptly hurt my finger when we got home & now think that I might have broken it. In fact I'm planning to call an orthopedic doc this week to see if it needs to be broken & re-set - yay!

I guess most readers would like a Silas update. So here it is!

Silas is obsessed with bikes of any sort (tricycles, bicycles, motorcycles). He can say all of those words, but generally prefers calling them all "bikles." He wants to go to the bike shop every day. After lots of looking I have finally gotten a bike (used from a friend ;). Jason just put a seat on it for Silas today & we took a little ride. After our ride we had a rough time trying to get Silas out of his helmet to change for bed.
The car wash is another thing he wants to go to every day. There is one near our house that puts out different colors of soap - purple, white, & blue. He CHEERS for each color when we go through. When we don't stop for it he greets it - "Hi car wash. Goodbye car wash."

He's also obsessed with different people on somewhat of a rotating basis. That makes sense with grandparents, cousins, aunts, & uncles, but then he also gets totally obsessed with my friend Shannon. She gave birth to a beautiful little girl last week. I talked to her on the phone while she was in early labor. Silas was with me at the time & wanted to know what Shannon was doing & if he could go see her. I tried explaining to him (we're really open & not too flowery about things - not that I got into details). I told him that Shannon was working really hard to push her baby out & that she'd be really tired & we wouldn't get to see her for at least a week. He FREAKED out. He was so worried about her that when we got home he refused to get out of the car for nearly 30 minutes. He had to go see "My Shannon right now!" Tonight we got to see her & her beautiful baby Rachel Maia (along with Rachel's wonderful dad Bill, who Silas pretty much ignores :/ It's not something that I understand because Bill is great with kids - as you can see below :).

No comments: