Monday, July 13, 2009

Whirlwind!

We're having a great time & have done a considerable amount of things on this trip!

On our way to Baltimore, we stopped in Washington DC to see the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial. It is one of my favorite DC spots & I thought it would be the easiest to get in & out & we didn't have too much time to waste. We circled around the mall a few times, but finally got there & I don't think I'm the only one who loved it.




Thursday night old & new friends saw Susannah's bachelorette days off with a bang. Friday we celebrated Silas's second birthday at Susannah's house. I hope this wasn't too much torture for the bride-to-be. She seemed to take it graciously ;)

Saturday we witnessed Susannah & Aaron tie the knot! It was a great ceremony, followed by a really fun party at their house.

Sunday we packed up & headed to Greensboro to visit Margie, Jenn, & James! They have an awesome farm with lots of animals. We had a great time with them today!

Tomorrow we're headed to Chattanooga to visit Jaclynn & Stephen. Since we're passing through Asheville on the way, we're hoping to stop off at Wren & Jason's house for lunch.

All-in-all we're weathering the travel quite well. Silas is still a trooper, but he's asking more & more when he can get out :) We only have two more days of long driving left though!

No comments: