Well, lets see... The past week has been a whirlwind!
Last Friday Mom, Daddy, Jen, the 3 boys, & Reese were driving to St. Louis for a family reunion & they were in a pretty major car accident. Everyone is doing well now, but Daddy was in the hospital in Cape Girardeau for 2 nights. Scary stuff! All I can say is that while the 2007 Honda Odyssey van is totaled, it really deserves a GREAT safety rating!
I've continued to have mostly non-painful contractions every day, with some painful ones at night. I've also finally gotten noticeably swollen hands & feet. I have another thing to add to the list of completely unexpected pregnancy ailments - serious pain in my wrists! Why the heck the pelvic pain isn't enough I don't know, but now I've got (self diagnosed) prenatal carpal tunnel syndrome! Yeah! I finally devised a way to sleep last night that alleviated the swelling in my hands which greatly reduced my pain, but poor Jason has very little room & I now require 2 pregnancy wedges, 2 king size pillows, & 2 queen size pillows to sleep! It's completely stepped over the absurd line, but I only woke up 4 times last night, counting when Jason's 5am alarm went off - that's a record for over a month!
I could go on about how I fell my pelvis separating more & more as the days tick by (& yeah, that hurts too & leaves one feeling quite unsteady), but I really am not doing very bad at all. I'm still working - maybe a half day here & there & I'm doing only "light" experiments, but I'm still working! Considering my back problems for the past 5 years I am totally amazed. Yoga, baby!
Another amazing thing is that I was fitted for a nursing bra this week & I've lost 2 band sizes since April. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean my bust has gotten any smaller (you might remember my angst-ridden post from a while back), but it's not gotten bigger & I do seem to have lost weight... that's me, not him because I'm 19.2lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight according to the nurse that weighed me today. Which is, according to Dr.G., "perfect." :)
So the wait is on... Daddy-J & I think we're ready (or as ready as possible), but our house is far from it. He's getting annoyed with all the projects I'm laying out for us to do this weekend... I know I'm obsessing somewhat, but I am doing my best not to be ridiculous.
1 comment:
Yeah, I got the carpal tunnel really bad with my pregnancy with Emma. Around 37 weeks, maybe 38. I wore a splint but it really didn't help - I couldn't brush my teeth, write a check, or even move my pillow without pain. Fortunately it was totally fine by the time she was a day or two old. Weird pregnancy symptom, but I hear it's pretty common.
(And Rich didn't get to sleep in bed with me from about 6 months on. His breathing bothered me. Because I could hear it. I do remember waking up because I was so hungry...I'd pop two Eggos in the toaster, go potty, then eat the eggos on the way back to bed.)
Not much longer. You're doing great.
Post a Comment