5 more to go...
It's time for an update, but I don't think I have much news.
My lab hosted a baby shower for us last weekend. Everyone was very generous - probably too generous. David & Mary ordered a cake for the shower. The bakery asked if they wanted it to be in the shape of a baby carriage. Mary said, "Sure." As it turns out baby carriages in Memphis apparently look a lot like shopping carts. That made for some amusement as did the 4 kids who made it. Mallory is most certainly a growing, inquisitive, and very animated little girl! She provided most of the entertainment.
I was very surprised and happy to receive a precious little outfit - complete with a hat - from across the Atlantic. Grazie, Silvia!
We (mostly Jason) have made some progress on the office-soon-to-be-nursery. The computer has it's new residency in our dining room + office + sewing room. Yesterday the closet was cleaned out & almost all of the He Man toys from Jason's youth moved to the attic (that was a BIG deal as anyone who has been to our house in the past year can tell you).
I am taking tomorrow off of work for several reasons. First, I've been very carefully saving all of my vacation time to spend with Silas & I realized I saved one day too many that I will soon loose if I don't take. Second, there are a million things to do & very little time left in which to do them (and even less energy - I'm doing well, but I've gotten noticeably slower & my belly is getting cumbersome of late). Finally, we are going home this weekend for our last planned out of town adventure before the little one arrives. Our families are hosting a baby shower in Htown... if you were somehow left off the invitation list it's probably my fault, so consider this your official invite. Its at Mary & Larry's church Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment