These are little sewing kits. Everyone needs to sew a button on once in a while, right? The bibliophile in me couldn't resist these!
Someone requested fabric gift bags a couple of years ago. I've finally made them. I also make the birds in the tree... they're made of my Grandma Mann's fabric scraps & are going to another family member.
Lots of them! (these are bags in bags)
If Silas is lucky I'll finish this little tree for him - it's not his only present, really!
We even got our tree up this year.
Thanks to Joey Bill's likeness is even on it!
4 comments:
Melissa--everything looks great! I'm so impressed with your skills. (FYI--James sleeps with his blanket every night :-) --Jenn
Silas will love his homemade presents forever. Mine are in the third floor library on shelves. My bird is wonderful and I love my present bags. You did an awesome job and however did you manage it with a one year old!
Love the tree you made for Silas!! And the sewing kits, too.
I didn't sew any for my son. Okay, I made him one outfit, but that was it. When Lilly came along I dusted off my 30 year old sewing machine and now I am absolutely addicted...I sew just about every day.
I wish I had made more stuff for Ryan like pants and appliqued shirts and stuff. Find you a simple pants pattern and give it a try.
I get lots of inspiration from Etsy. Have you been there? Just google it if not. Then search appliqued t-shirts...they have tons for girls, but if you add "puppy appliqued t-shirt" or "monster appliqued t-shirt" you'll see stuff for boys.
Okay, I could talk about sewing for hours and hours.
Marcy Seiber-Freeman
Oh, and by the way, great hearing from you and catching up via FB.
Post a Comment