While surfing the net tonight I came across a blog written by a mom of two. She's pleading for advice on how to overcome her difficulties with bath time. It seems that when she gives her kids a bath she has trouble getting them (both toddlers) to be still & not slip & slide around. Several people commented back with suggestions - mostly things to buy to keep her child in place - seats, tubs, sticky mats. One person suggested not using soap...
I was completely baffled reading this! Bathing is one of Silas's favorite things to do. Except for his very first sponge baths, either Jason or I have taken a bath with Silas. He happily plays & gets clean. No fuss, no struggle, no back-breaking leaning into a tub, just happy playtime.
Is it not PC to take a bath with your kid these days? Just wear a swim suit if it makes you nervous.
Why do we always look for complicated solutions to simple problems?
1 comment:
Funny...I was trying to figure out the "problem" with little kids sliding around in the tub :-) Sounds like fun to me!
(Obviously, we don't want them drowning or anything, but I think you get my drift.)
It was a sad day when I realized our tub was too big for me and the kids. That was always such a gentle time together.
Post a Comment