Monday, September 10, 2007

8, almost 9 weeks!

Well as you might have guessed by my lack of posting, last week was quite busy!

Grandma & Grandpa Mann came for a visit. Grandma Ruth helped us introduce cereal & a bottle to Silas!

We got tickets to The Lion King at the Orpheum for Grandparents Mann's 40th wedding anniversary. You know what that means - Silas went to a sitter's for the night! The show was great & Jason & I did pretty well being away from Silas - I only called once. When we got back to the D-B household we found Silas asleep in Rich's arms... that was super cute because Silas is so small & Rich is so TALL ;) We definitely need a picture of that before Silas gets too much bigger. We packed up & headed home thinking that we'd successfully completed our first night out without Silas.

A couple miles from their house I blew out 2 tires on railroad tracks! Needless to say I was frazzled & pissed to say the least! We were very fortunate to have a tow truck drive by minutes after it happened. Our neighbor drove the 50 mile round trip to get us & Kaleigh was gracious enough (after not charging us for childcare) to drive to meet us so that we could wait in her van & not out on the street. So much for a relaxing night out for my parents! All is well now & the Versa has 4 new tires.

The day after the show/tire incident Grandma Moody brought Silas's great grandparents to visit - a big deal for Great Grandpa who doesn't often leave Carroll County.

Friday we met the lab for lunch & Silas got his 2 month immunizations. It wasn't the most pleasant experience (the shots, not the lunch - he enjoyed cuddling with Linda, Ethel, & Yuki). When the nurse stuck him, he cried harder than he ever has, got redder than I've ever seen him, & was very fussy all evening. However he graciously slept most of the night.

We topped off the week by making an afternoon trip to the Grandparents' Moody house for a "baby showing." Silas finally got to meet his second cousin Liessa & his Great Aunt Martha & Uncle Ken. I've not gotten the pics of this visit off our camera, so they'll have to be in another post.

Here are a bunch of 8 week old pics!








This is what Silas had to say about the tires...










Note the gifts from his doctor - the Scooby Do bandaids, "I was brave sticker", & kissing fish :)


No comments: