
Today I had my first official prenatal visit... However I still didn't see my OB because she had a family emergency! That had me quite freaked this morning, but mom somehow got my OB to call her back and to make a long story short, it really was another unexpected event...
I've been trying to see my OB for a little over 10 weeks. My first appointment was canceled, and it took a week to re-book it for a month later. I've been worried that I was going to have to find another doctor in the middle of my pregnancy. That's not an appealing prospect for me. My somewhat OCD self has not enjoyed these unexpected hang-ups at all. I know that I can't plan everything about my pregnancy/birth/child's life, but I would think that I could reasonably expect to be able to get in to see my OBGyn (who I've been a patient of for several years). If I didn't really like her I'd have given up long ago. Hopefully the stars will align and I'll be able to see her in February!
I did get my blood work done, my history taken, and another ultrasound. It looks like we're having a boy! I'm not really sure I care, I just want healthy. Jason (& pretty much everyone else) was ready for a girl, but it doesn't look like that's what we're having. Maybe that is why we couldn't pick a girl name.
Linda told me yesterday that Silvia just found out she's pregnant. That's great news because she's really been wanting to grow her family! My other good news for the week is that Julie and Pam were finally able to adopt. As I understand it they brought Michael Dean Henson born Dec. 31, 2006 home yesterday!
1 comment:
So....you couldn't agree on girl names, so that must mean you COULD agree on boy names. Any chance you'll share?
Post a Comment